In show jumping events a horses agility, power and skills are challenged as it jumps over various obstacles like oxers and inclined jumps. Jumping events require the horse and rider to form a team and are generally divided into show jumping classes and hunter classes. Hunter classes are more about the manners and team bonding of horse and rider while in show jumping it's all about the performance.
In show jumping competitions your sim will have to jump over specified obstacles to show the horses abilities. Try to take show jumping pictures when the horses four hooves are all in the air.
Judging will mainly focus on the creativity of picture, pose and background and since most of the horses jumps are successfull there are no points given for the jump itself, but you can get points off if for example tack and riders attire are incorrect or the horses hooves on the main pictures touch the earth. The maximum points you can reach per step are 10.
Earning Cumulative Points
With show jumping events you can earn points for your horse (which can be cumulated with other event hoster's points) - the points you will earn if you place are the following:
- 1st Place: 5 Points
- 2nd Place: 4 Points
- 3rd Place: 3 Points
- 4th Place: 2 Points
- 5th Place: 1 Point
All other placements will not recieve any points.
Horse Tack and Attire
- Horses must wear a black english bridle - with or without bit.
- Horses must also wear a black jumping saddle. (preferably this one.)
- The saddle pad should be slightly rounded and should be white. However the border can be any color.
Wraps are recommended but not required.
- Manes and Tails should not be braided.
- Riders should wear black riding boots, white or tan breeches and a solid colored jacked.
- A riding helmet is required due to rider safety rules!
A missing riding helmet or patterned jacket can reduce your points.