Halter / In-Hand Information
Halter competitions are all about a horses conformation and presentation as well as their suitability as breeding stock. In those events horses aren't ridden but led by a handler all the time. A horse presented in an In-Hand event should always be healthy, well groomed and look as beautiful as possible.
Those events require your sim to lead a horse showing its body and gaits and you will need skills in posing and picture taking (and sometimes even photo editing). You can find more informations about what you have to do and how you need to show your horse on the event page.
There is a total of 10 points you can achieve per step in a halter event. You can get 3 points for completing the task correctly, 3 points for the horses body and conformation, 2 points for poses and movements and another 2 points for creativity on pictures and poses.
Also your horses body and coat color should match the breed standards or you will loose points you could get for body and conformation.
Earning Cumulative Points
With halter events you can earn points for your horse (which can be cumulated with other event hoster's points) - the points you will earn if you place are the following:
- 1st Place: 5 Points
- 2nd Place: 4 Points
- 3rd Place: 3 Points
- 4th Place: 2 Points
- 5th Place: 1 Point
All other placements will not recieve any points.
Horse Tack and Attire
- Horses must wear a halter and should be led with a lead rope all the time.
Horses may not wear saddles, saddle pads or wraps.
- Manes and tails can be braided, long or short, that doesn't matters. But the horses should always be brushed and combed.
- You can use hoof polish, have a banded mane or other hair dressings as well as use oils and shine enhancers.
- The rider must be dressed neatly - either in black boots, white breeches and a white shirt (with or without blazer) or in other formal clothes.
- White gloves are optional.!
- No headgear is required but you can wear top hats if you want. Long hair should be tied up or secured with a hair rubber band.