Dressage is one of the most beautiful equine sports, its about a horses athletic abilities, its skills and its will to perform and can look like a soft swift dance, but it also requires a calm and attentive horse and rider. In dressage the horse should perform the figures with only minimal aids of the rider and gracile movements.
In dressage events your sim will have to perform gaits and movements in a proper dressage arena, showing a horse and sim's abilities as well as your skills in posing and picture taking. You always will find more informations on the required steps on the event page.
There is a total of 10 points you can achieve per step in a dressage competition (also applies to 3-day events) and you earn already 5 points if you complete the tasks correctly. Furthermore you will be judged on the beauty of the horses movements and gaits and on the picture creativity.
Earning Cumulative Points
With dressage events you can earn points for your horse (which can be cumulated with other event hoster's points) - the points you will earn if you place are the following:
- 1st Place: 5 Points
- 2nd Place: 4 Points
- 3rd Place: 3 Points
- 4th Place: 2 Points
- 5th Place: 1 Point
All other placements will not recieve any points.
Horse Tack and Attire
- Horses must wear a black english bridle - with or without bit.
- Horses must also wear a black dressage saddle. (Preferably this one.)
- The saddle pad should be slightly rounded and completely white.
- Wraps are not allowed.
- Manes and Tails may be braided, long or short.
- Riders should wear white breeches, a dark (black or navy) blazer, a white shirt and black riding boots.
- White gloves are required.
- Riders should either wear a riding helmet (for easy and medium events) or a top hat (for advanced and master events).